Playground Safety Cincinnati
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 200,000 children are treated in U.S. hospital emergency rooms each year for injuries associated with playground equipment. Most injuries occur when children fall from the equipment onto the ground.
In Cincinnati, fall protection is crucial to keeping children safe. So, what can parents do to help? When arriving at a playground, parents should first check to make sure the child doesn’t have strings on clothing or necklaces that could cause accidental strangulation on play equipment. Parents also should survey the equipment, making sure it is age appropriate and safe. Finally, parents should be sure the play area is covered with a safety surfacing, like Playground Turf.
Playground Turf is designed specifically with playgrounds in mind and is certified for use as protective safety surfacing around playground equipment. It meets the highest standards required by:
- International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA)
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- American Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
We are heads above the competition when it comes to certification. Playground Turf has been tested and certified to the latest standards including:
- IPEMA Certified ASTM F1292-04.
Playground Turf meets HIC (head impact criteria) and G:max requirements at 12″ of coverage.
- IPEMA Certified ASTM F2075-04.
Playground Turf meets tramp metal test and sieve analysis.
- ADA Certified ASTM F1951.
Playground Turf is wheelchair accessible.
- CPSC. Playground Turf exceeds recommendations.